To promote Chicago as an attractive and affordable low season destination choice
Co-Promotion with Hainan Airlines
- Hainan Airlines serves Chicago O’Hare International Airport non-stop from Beijing offering Chinese travelers a very attractive direct connection.
- Together with Hainan, we developed the airline’s first U.S. destination-themed promotion.
- From October 2016 through January 2017, Hainan Airlines featured a Chicago banner ad on its homepage and promoted the low season deal in two posts/month on its official Weibo and WeChat accounts.
- Chicago’s destination theme page also included information on its attractions, museums, hotels, restaurants and shopping malls, presenting Hainan customers with a breadth of information about the city.
- Additionally, key agents in Beijing included the Beijing-Chicago direct flight with several product offerings.
The campaign averaged more than 220,000 daily page views during the four-month campaign. Additionally, five new Chicago leisure group and FIT packages were designed. During the promotion period (Oct 2016 – Jan 2017) Chinese visitation to Chicago increased by 35% compared to the same period in 2015-2016.